Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I want to talk about multiple symtoms ive been experiencing.

I want to talk...

I want to talk about multiple symtoms ive been experiencing

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Acid reflux, chest pain, weight loss. been seeing my physician but would like some more advise

Doctor's Assistant: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?

Not noticeable if there is any ive never had this before ive always had poor digestion but never noticeable

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Had asthna since i was young. am a smoker (6-8 cigarettes a day)

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/24/2017

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age and gender?

What are the investigations done?

Male 27 years old.
october 1 - had Tylenol and coffee without food. kept throwing up and puked blood. went to emergency and did blood test. the first set of test revealed high presence of enzymes in the blood however and suspected pancreatitis. however since there was no symptom was asked to check blood again the next day and everything was fine. consulted a gastreology specialist who did further blood testing the week after and confirmed the pancreas was fine
mid october - abdominal pain continued and added to it was chest pain so family physician has prescribed some gastric medication. conducted blood test, ultrasound of stomach, ekg of heart. everything was normal exception heart rate was at 59 bpm. was prescribed dexilant. its been almost 3 weeks since ive been on dexilant. 2 weeks ago cold developed and i did not take any cold medication as it reacts with dexilant. i let the cold sit for one week visited by family physician and he prescribed robitussin so that it does not react with dexilant. since the cold ive experienced upper back pain left and right. pain the joints and occasional numbness. during this whole ordeal i have lost about 4kg in one month. my online research has led to various symptoms so im wondering what else should i get checked for

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 5-7 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

You may get;

Upper GI endoscopy

CT scan of abdomen

Chest x-ray.

This is just for a comprehensive evaluation.

Your symptoms can be due to;

a) Anxiety

b) Side effects of the medications.

You may not have anything serious or significant.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

ok thank you. i will definitely follow up. yes i have been a bit more stressed than usual regarding various issues going on in my personal life so that could be it too. i will still suggest these tests to my family physician and follow up. thank you again. this in a way gives me some relief when 2 experts are saying it may not be something as serious because my family physician thinks the same.

You are very welcome.

These symptoms do not point to any serious medical issue so you may relax.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.