Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My 53 year old gf has open sore newly discovered on back.

Customer Question
My 53 year old...

My 53 year old gf has open sore newly discovered on back. Painful. Her gp didn’t know what it was. Thought maybe a staph infection. Gave her some antibiotic cream. Tested for shingles, which he doubted. I’m concerned.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Not me.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
11/24/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 7 months ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Could you please post a photo for me on this page?

Did u see the pic?

Got them--hold on please

How did this first start out?

Open bloody sore she was scratching. Wasn’t sure if a bite?
Gp took shingles test but doubted it was. Now she has rash around the area.

Actually that's exactly what this looks like

Definitely not shingles

But I don't see any infection here

Nothing too serious but if I were her doctor I would give her a short course of oral prednisone and Claritin to treat it

Please let me know if you need any more information