Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I've had 3 disc surgeries (L4/L5) and one thumb surgery, the

Customer Question

Hi Doctor, I've had 3 disc surgeries (L4/L5) and one thumb surgery, the thumb being the most recent. Immediately following the first back surgery, I experienced leg cramps and night sweats. Only the night sweats went away during the winter months, then returned in the spring, summer and fall. Are there any remedies for these? I take salt multiple times per day and stretch during the night when I awaken to keep the leg cramps from occurring. Thank you! David L.
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: No swelling--just night sweats and leg cramps.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I'm 67 and was in excellent health when I had to have the disc surgeries. No diabetes, no cancer.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 12 months ago.

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 12 months ago.

Do you feel that the leg cramps got worse when you were less active than normal?

Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 12 months ago.

Do they happen as you're about to fall asleep or wake you up in the middle of the night?

Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 11 months ago.

Did you still need help with this?