Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am taking clindamycin ror what my doctor thinks is maybe…

Customer Question
I am taking clindamycin...

I am taking clindamycin ror what my doctor thinks is maybe myrsa.

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

But I am very sick and can hear, feel and see lots of clear liguid. have a sore on my bottom. been taking medication for eight days. still feel flu like symptoms.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

When I urinate only and wipe it is brown. i'm a clean person. can myrsa live inside of your body,organs etc am I safe with yhis drug or do I need emergency medical attention?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Like what. pardon?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
11/23/2017
Doctor: Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD replied 5 months ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com

This is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.

I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.

I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.

Thank you for your patience.

Answers here are for education and information only.

Clindamycin is very effective in treating MRSA, which is a type of staph bacteria that is resistant to penicillin.
It may take up to 10 days for the infection to clear while on the antibiotics.

Some people may carry MRSA in their nasal passages, but they usually do not have any symptoms, but can spread it to others that then have symptoms.

If you are having worsening symptoms since you started the antibiotics, then I would recommend going to your local Urgent Care or ER for further evaluation.

Does that help answer your question?

Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD