Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had my mammogram done on Monday morning, I decided to use…

Customer Question
I had my mammogram...

I had my mammogram done on Monday morning, I decided to use a location closer to where I live. I'm 43 with no history of breast cancer, but my mom has had breast cancer. In the past with the facility I usually used I had same day results. I've spoken to my doctors office Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and they say the results still aren't in. I'm a little freaked out as I have never had to wait this long and my mind keeps telling me the results are in but they're waiting to tell me bad news. is it common for it to actually take this long for results to be read?

Doctor's Assistant: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?

Yes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Depression and anxiety for the last 20 years.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
11/23/2017
Doctor: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

It appears that there is a work overload and shortage of staff this time of the year which is causing the delay. The result even if it was bad and suspicious of cancer can easily be given on the same day itself. So, both good and bad results can be given on the same day and it is not common or routine to delay the result if it was bad. Therefore you should not worry that your result will be bad and this delay does not signify anything. You can again expect a normal result when it eventually will come.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you!

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Did I answer your question? Please reply.
Thank you.

Dear customer,
Thank you!