Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What is wrong with me? This is gonna be a explanation.

Customer Question
What is wrong with me...
What is wrong with me? This is gonna be a long explanation.
First, I caught a flu or cold on October 25th, started with thirst, headache and then the next day developped to sore throat with low fever and then phlegm and mucus and then just coughing, coughing, coughing. Reached the point that I had to go to the doctor, got my lung xrayed, everything is clear but she prescribed me z-pack and methylprednisolone. After that, was 2 weeks timeline since day 1 I was sick. Then after finishing everything, the cough still remained, not as bad but was there. Coughed much less. Marked 3 weeks since Oct 25 with the first sickness. And thought I would be better.
November 16th went out on a rainy day that there wasn’t rain anymore but cold, went to an event that was outdoor and pretty chilly, went back home with a sticky feeling at the back of throat, went out to eat with friends again the next day, came back home feeling super thirsty and woke up the next day with runny nose and itchy throat (no fever or headache or sore throat) and started to cough more again this past Sunday. Now not much runny nose but the cough seems to progress (not as bad as last time though, almost the same as when it was better from last time). Lingering symptoms from previous one that never completely healed? A new Viral infection? Could this lead to bronchitis again?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
11/23/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 7 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you have these symptoms

your symptoms do sound like they are coming from a viral infection.

make sure you take your methylprednisolone after meals with food in your stomach.

you should take some zinc supplements and eat more fruits and vegetables to help boost your immune system.

you should drink more water and take some vitamin C and get more sleep

your immune system is what helps fight off viral infections.

you can use over the counter cold medications like benadryl at night time to help you sleep

and sudafed to help with your stuffy nose.

let me know if you have questions.

I actually finished the methylprednisolone 2 weeks ago. I am asking if my second round of symptoms after getting better is a lingering symptoms pr a new viral infection? I do not want to get bronchitis again after the first one that just gotten better. Not sure if you understand my timeline.
Or is it possiblr that it started with cold or flu? But as I am still coughing marks 1 month, is it possible to be acid reflux?