Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had sore legs for 2 weeks now and some lower back…

I have had sore legs...
I have had sore legs for 2 weeks now and some lower back pain. Calfs are the worst. The pain is getting worse to the point pain killers dont work. Resting them does not make a difference. Legs have dull ache but calfs are bad.
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/23/2017
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having sore legs for 2 weeks along with some lower back pain can be due to various causes.

Most common causes are: calf strain,rupture of tendons,circulation disorders,thrombosis,nerve root compression,Deep vein Thrombosis(DVT), nerve compression syndromes, pressure on the spinal nerves such as that due to a herniated disk.

Considering all your symptoms- the most probable cause seems to be nerve root compression (pinched nerve).

You need following tests:

• Ultrasound scan of the leg,
  • D-dimer blood test, doppler studies
  • Electromyography and nerve conduction studies
  • Certain blood tests

So my best advise for you is to please make an appointment with your doctor to have the tests & examination done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question regarding your leg/calf pain?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

I havent done any injuries as i am not exercising and it is in both legs
Strange how it is both legs

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

As the pain is in both the legs especially the calfs,the most common causes are:Low potassium levels,nutritional deficiency, muscle overextension,dehydration,diabetes,calcium or vitamin D deficiency,fbro myalgia neuro muscular disorders,excessive alcohol,peripheral vascular disease,unknown causes.

As both legs are involved-so a systemic cause (rather then a local cause) can be the probable cause.

You need complete blood panel,serum vitamin & mineral levels & doppler study of legs to know the exact cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr. Josh

Dear customer

Please let me know if you have any other follow up question?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor