Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am 45 years old I had unsafe sex on Saturday nov 18. I…

Customer Question
I am 45 years...

I am 45 years old I had unsafe sex on Saturday nov 18. I took the pill about 3 hours afterwords. No side effects except yesterday which I was 3 days after pill and today I have been cramping. My period is due on Saturday November 25. I am so scared I don't want to be pregnant. I have neverbern pregnant

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Sorry I took levengestrol 1.5 3 hours after unsafe sex I take escitrilopam 10 mg daily and took it the next morning around 9 am

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Never been pregnant and been on lexapro now generic for about 10 years except I left it for about 2 months ands started Back up about 3 weeks ago

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Medical
11/23/2017
Doctor: Dr.Anil, Doctor replied 9 months ago
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

I understand your concern.

As such PLAN B/morning after pills are very effective if taken within 12 hrs of unprotected sex.So you should not worry about pregnancy at all.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

It’s my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.