Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have what I think is an ingrown hair in the pubic area and…

I have what I...

I have what I think is an ingrown hair in the pubic area and there is a 2inch lump underneath, very painful

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?

2 days...hard

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No...I seem to have a fever but I can't check right now...at work. Hot and clamy

11/23/2017

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

How large a lump and is it red?

The hard knot under the skin is about 2 inches across and I have a small boil like on the surface

OK

This isn't herpes if that was your concern

But you've obviously got a boil there

You can try hot packs to see if it will come to a head and drain but if it doesn't in another day you need to see your doctor to get it drained and to get a course of antibiotics

Please let me know if you need any more information

Thank you

My pleasure

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you