Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Every time try to swallow it feels like I’m swallowing my…

Customer Question
Hello, every time try...

Hello, every time try to swallow it feels like I’m swallowing my evula had a sore throat 3 weeks ago which went away now evula is touching my toungue could that be what I’m feeling when swallowing?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?

No fever at all maybe about a week constantly have to clear my throat

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
11/23/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 7 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Yes this could be what you are feeling.

Sometimes infection can elongate the uvula.

However, this should get better, if it does not there could be continued infection.

You need to see a doctor as soon as possible to see if this is the case.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also: Hopefully this helps and I have earned a 5 rating from you today. [This has to be clicked on the rating scale on your page.] A 5 rating specifically allows me to have full credit and continue my accurate service as well as providing follow up to you as needed, and it costs you nothing more. Thanks.

Anything I’m able to take in the meantime to help this feeling? Thanksgiving is tomorrow so won’t be able to go till Friday

If there is infection to this extent urgent care is a good idea.

We don't treat here, but to answer the question, many doctors would recommend trying a salt water gargle, gargle frequently, along with a throat lozenge of choice.

But they would want to know if you have an abscess or other infection first.