Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My nam. I have a fractured nose from a fall I had two days…

Customer Question
Hello, my nam Doctor's...

Hello, my nam

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Hello, I have a fractured nose from a fall I had two days ago, It is not painful and very little noticeable swelling, but the lower part, the tip, is crooked as a result of the injury. I saw an ENT doctor yesterday who said he or a colleague could schedule surgery in January for the fracture. Could not do the surgery sooner because of time needed to get clearances for anesthesia from other doctors that I have seen for other conditions. I am afraid of having surgery to my nose, closed or open, because of the possible after effects, such as breathing problems, worse crookedness,etc. So I am wondering if it is feasible and/or practical to just have a cast put on my nose as it is now without any surgery to see if that might result in at least some straightening of the crookedness. I am an active 82 years old and a diabetic, under control via diet and exercise. Your opinion about applying a c ast to my nose in attempt to cause the less crookness after final healing. Thanking you very much in advance for any advise you wish to offer.

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

I sustain the nose injury a three days ago, Very little swelling noticeable since the injury.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

As I said I am diabetic, congtrolle, AIC two months ago was 5.6.;

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
11/22/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

still need help?

I have not received an answer yet.
I have not received an answer to my question. Please cancel order after the free trial period.
$

do you still want help on this question?

just click send to reply