Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a tiny black spot (raised) in my pubic area. Does not…

Customer Question
I have a tiny...

I have a tiny black spot (raised) in my pubic area. Does not hurt but feels like a pimple. What could it be from and how do I get rid of it?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

There's no pain. I found it when I was washing. Not itchy either.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/22/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Age and gender?

Do you have history of unprotected sex with multiple partners?

Is it painful to touch? Associated itching?

Can you please share picture.

Are you on any medications?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

65 yr old female; No history of unprotected sex with multiple partners; Not painful or itchy; Meds are: Adderall, Effexor; lisinopril; Chlorthalidone; Amplodipine; diclofenac;

Sorry for delay in reply.

Well, this can occur due to- blocked glands or hair follicles.

These can develop sebaceous material which actually oxidizes in the presence of air and turns black.

In some cases, the glands can become inflamed and you develop a small pustule.

As there is no pain/ itching and has not increased in size, So I would not be worried.

You can leave it alone. This is harmless in nature.

As such, no treatment is required. Please be relaxed and stop worrying.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh