Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have shingles and it has been 6 days and the pain in the…

Customer Question
I have shingles and...

I have shingles and it has been 6 days and the pain in the upper leg by growing and the thigh hurt so bad I can't lay in bed sleep of sit comfortably. Is there a shot that I can request from my doctor to help that nerve pain. the doctor has me on lyrica I think and another pill 3 times a day for the rash.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

No swelling

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No ~ I saw him Monday and would like to know if there might be an answer to possibly get a steroid shot if that would help elevate the pain

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
11/22/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 7 months ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

If I were your doctor I'd give you an injection of 80 mg of DepoMedrol which is a long-acting cortisone formulation

That should definitely help with the pain and you should ask your doctor for it

Please let me know if you need any more information

Is that the same as a steroid shot

Yes--solumedrol is a cortisone like steroid