Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I need a Dermatologist, those collagen injections present in…

Customer Question
I need a Dermatologist, those...
I need a Dermatologist, those collagen injections present in the market , r they effective ?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/22/2017
Doctor: Dr. Pravin, Physician replied 8 months ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Physician

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Any particular brands that you are talking about ?

Juvederm ?

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Juvederm
How frequent should injections be administered in a 50 year old man ?
Also are there topical preparations for collagen treatments?

Yes , these can be injected once in 12 to 18 months to give an overall rejuvenated effect on the skin.

There are topical Hyluronic acid preparations which work like Juvederm but not as effective , These include :

IsoFill serum

http://www.uriage.com/IN/en/products/isofill-serum

you can purchase these online as an anti ageing effect

Please do let me know if you have any further queries.

How much is the package for those collagen injections and are they extremely safe , any toxicological studies
Or collagen is extremely safe
Also can a Patient buy his medicine and have a Dermatologist inject the collagen accordingly.
What about a substitute?

No , the injections are purchased by trained professional expert doctors and they only would inject the Juvederm.

It is a safe option and there are no side effects. Juvderm contain Hyaluronic acid and not collagen.
Hyaluronic acid is a safer option than collagen which is becoming obsolete.

This is extremely safe and no toxicity is seen when injected by the experts./

Great
Can you recommend a Dermatologist here in NY in Manhattan, specifically!