Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I took Benadryl due to runny nose and Benzonatate for cough…

Customer Question
I took Benadryl due to...
I took Benadryl due to runny nose and Benzonatate for cough likely about 15 mins apart? Is it ok? Any drug interactions? After took Benadryl, slept for like 2 hours and now awake with tiresome and a bit of muscle weakness, is that normal?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
Also when I cough up my mucus is start to smell wierd, like a smelly one, is this a sign of bacterial infection?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Sprry I don’t ned a live phone call. Accidentally, hit that.
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/22/2017
Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 8 months ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. There are no interactions. The two can safely be taken together. Being tired and weak is due to Benadryl. The duration of action is 4 hours. No this is not necessarily a sign of a bacterial infection, viral would always be more common