Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

When I bend over ,when I stand up my right side pelvic area…

Customer Question
When I bend over...

When I bend over ,when I stand up my right side pelvic area almost makes it impossible to stand up again. I have to slowly rise up to completely stand. there is great pain when I try to stand.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Thr pain is recent, whitin a week or more. what makes to pain to start is when I bend over to pet the dog or pick up something.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

A lot. heart problems,

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/22/2017
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Welcome to Ja and thanks for this question. I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms. There are a few possibilities which can cause this problem. the first one which comes to mind is that you could have developed a severe muscle spasm in the area. This can occur in many patients and usually would respond well to increasing the intake of plain water and also with increased intake of electrolyte rich fluids like Gatorade. Additionally using otc anti inflammatory medications like ibuprofen at a dose of 400 mg thrice daily would be helpful. Muscle relaxants like flexeril and tinazidine should also be used here. Topical application of otc capsaicin gel would improve the symptoms as well. This can also be due to a tear in one of the abdominal or pelvic muscles which can develop even without trauma in many cases. This would be diagnosed on a mri of the brain and then would be treated with the help of the same medications as above but in the case of more severe tears, grade 3 or 4, steroid injections or prp injections or even surgery can be done.
Secondly if there is tenderness in the area which means pain on pressing down in the abdomen then we should rule out problems with the organs inside the abdomen such as acute appendicitis. This would be diagnosed with a CT scan and the would need immediate treatment with surgery. Another cause can be acute diverticulitis which occurs due to inflammation of the pouches inside the intestine. Again a CT scan would be diagnostic. The treatment would be antibiotics and IV fluids.
Now if you have tenderness then I would recommend that you have this evaluated in the er otherwise try the above remedies and if they don't help in the next 48bhours then see your doctor.
Do you have anymore questions?
Please remember to leave a positive rating as that is how we are compensated for helping you today