Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I HAVE RIGHT HIP PAIN LIKE A TOOTHACHE. BETTER: HAVE TO TAKE…

Customer Question
I HAVE RIGHT HIP...

I HAVE RIGHT HIP PAIN LIKE A TOOTHACHE.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

BETTER: HAVE TO TAKE 2 TRAMADOL AT A TIME. WORSE: WHEN I STAND OR WALK ESPECIALLY STEPS/

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I HAVE LUPUS, PSORIATIC ARTHRITIS, TENDONITIS. AND THIS PAIN IS NEW 2 DAYS BEFORE THANKSGIVING OF COURSE.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/22/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having hip pain since last 2 days can be due to various causes.The most common causes of hip pain are:

-Hip arthritis
-Trochanteric bursitis
-Tendonitis
-Referred pain from spinal fusion
-Infection
-Muscle or tendon strain

The most probable cause seems to be hip arthritis or trochanteric bursitis.Arthritis is among the most frequent causes of hip pain. As you already have history of arthritis,so this can be the most probable cause of your hip pain.

You need following tests:

-X-ray of hip joint
-MRI scan
-Bone scan
-Physical clinical examination.

So my best advise for you is to please make an appointment with your doctor to have the tests & examination done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh