Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

This is a silly thing but i am unable to get from alcohol…

This is a silly...

This is a silly thing but i am unable to get buzzed from alcohol now no matter what i drink dont know whats going on i dont get sick or hungover either

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

No symptoms

11/22/2017
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old are you?

do you drink alcohol regularly?

your enzymes of alcohol dehydrogenase must be elevated and helping to break down alcohol as you take it in.

I'm male 27 years old and I drink every second weekend

I see.

well, you have developed a tolerance to alcohol which is an addaptive adjustment of your body.

alcohol is not really good for you or your body

drinking more alcohol can cause stomach and liver damage long term

Anyway to fix it? I sure miss the good times with friends

you should take a holiday from alcohol use for 3-6 months

then your body will down regulate the alcohol dehydrogenase

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Thanks!

you are welcome

do you see the ratings area?

thanks for using JustAnswer.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician