Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I'm having some worrying symptoms that I don't know what to…

Customer Question
Hi, I'm having some...

Hi, I'm having some worrying symptoms that I don't know what to do about.

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

So I'm not sure if these are related, but here goes:

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

For a year or so, I've had a slightly swollen left testicle, which I suspect may be epididymitus. This fall, I've started experiencing some swelling in my groin and abdomen, back pain, leg and even arm pain. I also feel a tingling sensation around my anus or tailbone sometimes.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

This worried me, so I saw a doctor, who still thinks it could be something infectious, and gave me an antibiotic. I haven't been able to take it yet, because I haven't had the money to retrieve it. The pains are getting worse, and I'm scared of a chronic condition (like prostate cancer) but my doctor thinks I'm young and that is unlikely - she did a urinalysis on me that came back zero for any blood in the urine, etc. I also can't tell if I've been losing weight, but I may have, No injuries, but I do sit all day at work, and drive a lot too.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
11/22/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 7 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you are worried about these symptoms

it sounds like you have a lot of anxiety about this.

your symptoms don't point to one medical issue or cancer.

your symptoms are very non specific and many people have these same symptoms.

if you have bad anxiety symptoms, you may need to talk to your doctor about your anxiety symptoms

focusing on eating healthier and exercising regularly can help decrease your anxiety symptoms.

your symptoms are not from prostate cancer.