Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am being treated for acute diverticulitis with

Customer Question
I am being treated...

I am being treated for acute diverticulitis with antibiotics--never had it before. We have planned a trip to Australia at the end of next month and scared to go. Any advice?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

You

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

History of non-symptomatic diverticulosis, 61 years old. Still on a modified low fiber diet

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
11/22/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 7 months ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

How was the diverticulitis diagnosed?

Ct scan. Much better now that on 5 days of antibiotics

Good

That means the antibiotics are doing their job and you should be over the bout when you finish the course

If all's well at that time there's nothing to worry about with your trip--you'll be fine and no danger in travelling then

Please let me know if you need any more information