Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Friend injected herself with Cooking oil in her rear end and…

Customer Question
Friend injected herself with Cooking...
Friend injected herself with Cooking oil in her rear end and now has pain and seems to be spreading. No fever though. and its been about 5 days. what does she need to be worried about and should she go to the doctors or hospital?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
11/22/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 7 months ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Where did she inject herself?

left buttocks

Is the pain shooting down her leg?

no just seems to be getting bigger area. not very bad pain more like sensitive to the touch like a bruise
. there is no color or anything just some pain

OK

Most likely she's irritated an nerve--probably her sciatic nerve

That isn't an emergency situation but she should have her doctor check this out since if I were her doctor I would give her a cortisone injection there to get rid of the inflammation and resolve the pain

Please let me know if you need any more information

ok, I thought it might be an infection. thanks for your time

My pleasure

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you