Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a 1.4 cm calcified SAA and my Dr. says he won't do…

I have a 1.4...

I have a 1.4 cm calcified SAA and my Dr. says he won't do anything unless it enlarges OR I can't mentally handle it. Does calcification control the aneurysm if it does burst?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

They found it on an MRI scan because of left side pain.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I've experienced this type of pain off and on for the past 6 years and they tell me that's at least how long I've had the SAA. When the pain is at it's worst...there is no position to make it better.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My Mom and her 3 sisters all had brain aneurysms with it causing the death of my Mom and 1 sister. HBP w/meds for 23 yrs. I'm 56.

11/22/2017
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

you have a Splenic artery aneurysm?

I am sorry about your mom and sisters with aneurysms

the calcifications are common in arteries your age, but would not control the aneurysm if there is rupture.

it is uncommon for it to burst being under 2 cm ?

yes, very uncommon to burst being under 2cm

uncommon to burst under 3cm

you can have your doctors watch it

you don't have to worry

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician