Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had what I believe to be hemerroids for the last two…

Customer Question
I have had what I...
I have had what I believe to be hemerroids for the last two weeks, it has been EXTREMELY painful and no matter what I do It doesn’t seem to be really getting any better. I’ve went to the doctor 3 times, been prescribed suppositories, then suppositories with steroids and now a topical steroid I’m supposed to use after each bowel movement. It has gotten slightly better with stool softeners where I’m not in excruciating pain but not a significant improvement. Now I’m noticing on the exterior I have irritating white sores. None of them are open and they aren’t really extremely painful, just tender and irritating when I’m trying to wipe. These have me nervous it’s some form of STD and not actually hemerroids or a fissure. I booked an appointment with my family doctor but she can’t get in for two weeks!
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Medical
11/21/2017
Doctor: Dr. Sohaib, Doctor replied 9 months ago
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor

Hello and thank you for the question.
Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Specialist and I will do my best to help you today.

I think there is possibility that these hemorrhoids have become infected, or thrombosed (clotted).

Another possibility is of peri-anal abscess.

This should be examined clinically by a doctor and if you are not able to get an urgent appointment in a day or two, better to go to ER and have this examined and evaluated, as you may need a course of antibiotics and/or drainage (if needed).

At home, beside stool softeners, you can use SITZ bath (sitting in luke warm water with an antiseptic added) which will be very helpful.

Topical lignocaine/antibiotic ointments will also be helpful, until evaluated.

Good luck

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to Rate my service as this is the only way i get credit for my time and expertise on your question.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.