Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Late evening both my temples suddenly swelled, my wife could…

Customer Question
Late evening both my...

Late evening both my temples suddenly swelled, my wife could literally see it happening, I looked like Mega mind. My left one is still somewhat swollen.

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

No injuries, 1st time this has happened.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Last Tuesday on the recommendation of my doctor I was in the hospital overnight because my blood pressure went up to 180 over 110 and I had a constant headache I could not get rid of. They got my pressure down and took care of the headache. I was released the next day

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/21/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 8 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry your temples are swelling

how old are you?

very high blood pressure can cause blood vessels in the temple area to swell up.

too much salt intake can increase blood pressure and cause temple blood vessels to swell up as well

are you on high blood pressure medications now?

are you able to cut down or cut out your salt intake?