Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My husband is having a weird swelling problem. His hands,

Customer Question
Hi, my husband is...

Hi, my husband is having a weird swelling problem. His hands, palms and backs of hands, for the last three days have been swollen and very itchy. He applied anti itch cream with 1% hydro init. Today his hands are fine but his upper lip is swollen. What should we do as we can not put that cream on his lip.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

No, the itch is not present in his lip. But it is big.He recently had fussion back surgery. But we went to his dr. yesterday and they said it was not connected and was probably exzema.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

We went to the dr. yesterday.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/21/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 8 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What are the medications he is taking?

His symptoms can be due to allergy to the medications or else.

Has stopping medicines resolved the lip swelling?