Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My legs have been hurting so much, especially behind my

Customer Question
My legs have been...

My legs have been hurting so much, especially behind my right knee. What is behind there on my leg that could be hurting so much It is hard to even walk.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

Not a lot of swelling although it seems to me it could be a clot of someking\d.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Mt Dad died of a heart attack.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
11/21/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Do you have pain only in back side of right knee?

Have you noticed swelling?

On a grade of 1 to 10 how would you rate the pain?

Age and Gender?

Any other health or medical problems ?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

Dear,

Thanks for staying Online.

I am posting my answer below-

Well, this can occur due to- Pinched nerves in the back

If there is Swelling or localized type pain in the back of the knee, this can be due to Popliteal cyst. It occurs due to the inflammation of popliteal bursa, located at the pit in the back of the knee.

It can also occur due to Tendonitis- It is the inflammation of the tendon in knee. Medical name for this condition is Patellar tendinitis.

This condition is treated with Ice packs, immobilization with a knee brace as needed, rest, and anti inflammatory medications.
You should take help from physical therapist. Physical therapy includes various modalities like - Short wave diathermy, Infra red , Wax therapy ,these will help you a lot.

Also exercise programs can rehabilitate the tissues in and around the involved tendon. Along with this Cortisone injections are helpful for this condition.
Your doctor can prescribe Anti-inflammatory pills along with steroid injections/ drugs to treat the condition.

Symptoms with blood clot are-

-Swelling (edema) of one leg
-Leg tenderness in one leg
-Changes in skin color (redness) in one leg
-Increased warmth in one leg.

As such, your symptoms doesn't relate with blood clot or any other serious issue.

Please consult your primary doctor for clinical checkup and get appropriate management.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

HOw do you treat a cyst in the back of your leg?
I have these spots on the back of me legs that are so are miserable to the touch. COuld they be cysts and how are they treated?
they feel like swollen glands
what would be the treatment for them?
they are below the knee on the backside of upper leg

Sorry for delay in reply.

Well, from the description it sounds to be Baker’s (Popliteal) Cyst.

It can develop due to damage to the knee’s cartilage (meniscus). Also, other conditions that cause joint inflammation, can cause it.

Your doctor would advise MRI for diagnosis. An MRI will enable your doctor to see the cyst clearly and to determine if you have any damage to the cartilage.

The line of treatment is-

-Fluid drainage- Here doctor would insert a needle into the knee joint and may use an ultrasound to help guide the needle to the correct place. They’ll then draw the fluid from the joint.​

-Physical therapy

-Medication like- Cortisone would be injected into the joint, and the medication will flow back into the cyst.

Please see your doctor for clinical evaluation and get this issue managed.

Hope this helped

we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Thank you. It is so nice to get some answes. The Doctos I have been going to have just dismissed the problem and not offered any solutions. One doctor told me to wear orthopedic shoes. THat was her only idea.

Thanks for appreciating my work.

God bless you and take care.

Don’t forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh