Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had 9 surgeries in one year fir bowel obstruction and…

Customer Question
I have had 9...

I have had 9 surgeries in one year fir bowel obstruction and perforation.... from

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I travel a lot and have seen many doctors.... most want to operate immediately but thst isnot an option.... when traveling, and the pain starts and to prevent it from

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Getting worse, what medication would you recommend?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not really.... I am 74 years old

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Medical
11/21/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 9 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

You may take Acetaminophen / Paracetamol for the pain. Dicyclomine too may be good. Whenever you have significant pain; go to liquid or semi solid diet.

Avoid solid diet.

Probiotics too may help.

Is this helpful to you?

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this helpful to you?