Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What does “clinical finding” mean?

Clinical findings are the results of the physical examination and include the complaints of a patient.

Read full interaction below »

Can someone tell me what "clinical finding" means?

11/21/2017
Doctor: Dr. Gehring, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Gehring
Dr. Gehring, Doctor

I go to a pain management doctor. The last visit I had, I had to give a urine sample. I put in a request for a refill on my meds. I got an email yesterday saying "due to clinical findings, you will have to make a follow up visit to obtain your meds."

I just need to know what clinical finding means. I'm confused. Does that mean I failed my drug test?

Ok. They include the finding in your urine into the "clinical findings". This means that your urine doesn't seem to be OK and you should see your doctor.

It depends on the reason for the urinary sample and on the drugs you take.

I'm on percocet. I went a few days without it. When they took the urine sample, I didn't have any in my system. Could that be what "clinical finding" means?

I know they randomly drug screen. It's a pain management program.

In a pain management program, you want to know if the dosage is right. Maybe they found that you don’t have enough and want to talk to you about increasing it. But it is a "maybe".