Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

My son has a pimple on his chin for 6months and tonight he

Customer Question
rubbed it and it started...
My son has a pimple on his chin for 6months and tonight he rubbed it and it started bleeding with his heart beat.what could cause this?
JA: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: Yes his dad had a heart problem
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: My son also has cirrosis
Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Medical
11/21/2017
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 27 days ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your son. I just came online to see that you have been waiting for some time, so ill answer this question for you. Can you attach a picture of the pimple here?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
no

Without a picture it would be difficult to determine the exact cause of the bleeding pimple, as there can be several possibilities here. So ill opt out and you can wait for another expert to respond here. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
no
I CANT GET A PHOTO AT THIS TIME
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 26 days ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

it sounds like this is an skin AV malformation (arterial venous) which sometimes can look like cherry angiomas on the skin

has the area stopped bleeding

if it hasn't stopped bleeding, he should see a doctor right away for evaluation and treatment

he may need one stitch in the area to stop bleeding

or a small bit of pressure or cautery there to stop bleeding.

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
YOU WERE VERY HELPFUL. YOU GOT A 5 FROM ME THANK YOU DON
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 25 days ago

thank you for that

do you see the ratings area?

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician