Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had unprotected sex 3 days after my periods. My boyfriend…

Customer Question
Hi I had unprotected sex...
Hi I had unprotected sex 3 days after my periods. My boyfriend pulled out before he came. It has been three days since this happened. What are the chances I will get pregnant? Should I take an the plan B pill? I had this pill two months ago as an emergency.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
11/21/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

There is very (almost nil) chance of pregnancy here due to following reasons:

1. A woman is most likely to become pregnant if sexual intercourse occurs just before or just after ovulation.It is very less likely that you had a mature ovum 3 days after your periods.
  2. Your boyfriend pulled out before he came

Morning-After Pill (Emergency Contraception) can be used as birth control measure to prevent pregnancy up to five days after unprotected sex.The effectiveness of the emergency contraceptive pill decreases over time.

Although there is very slim chance of pregnancy here, but still to be 100 % sure ,yes,you can take plan B pill. You can use this pill you had it two months ago as an emergency(just check its expiry date).

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh