Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

For the past three weeks when I lay down at night, I begin…

For the past three...

For the past three weeks when I lay down at night, I begin wheezing. This is driving me x0.

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

No fever, loss of appetite or rash!

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had a fever? Do you have any respiratory symptoms?

No fever! I had pneumonia back in March and it took me forever to get over it. I do experience a little shortness of breath at night.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am scheduled for back surgery next Friday and I need to get this resolved before then.

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/21/2017
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having wheezing upon lying down since the past three weeks can most likely be due to broncho constriction.

The cause seems to be the inside walls of your airways are inflamed(swollen) or the excessive production of mucus & phlegm blocking the airways.When the airways react, they get narrower, and less air flows through to your lung tissue.

You need broncho dilator medications and cortico steroids to reduce inflammation.Nebuliser & inhaled medications are more effective as they act directly on the airway surface and airway muscles.Short-acting inhaled beta-agonists are the preferred quick-relief medicine. Also you may require antibiotics and/or ant histamine medications.This can be decided only after physical examination.

As you are also scheduled for back surgery next Friday, I now advise you to make a quick appointment with your doctor for examination done so as to confirm the exact underlying cause &then treatment as described above will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Do you think I should be clear by next Friday and if I'm not should I post pone my surgery?

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

Yes,the broncho dialator & inhaled medications work very fast & you will be normal in a span of few hours.

I do not think there will be any need to post pone your back surgery.

Just make a quick appointment with your doctor for examination & hence the treatment accordingly.

Thank you.

And please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today,

we only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor