Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had this bizarre rash that comes 1-2 a year usually…

I have had this bizarre...
I have had this bizarre rash that comes 1-2 a year usually in cold weather or very hot weather when I wear suits - its almost always after I have pants that fit to tightly - especially the wool. Sometimes clotrimazole and first aid cream makes it go away - usually it is oral steroids - prednisone to be exact that make it go away. I just went my GP last week and I am on the steroids and the rash is disappearing as always. Its probbaly because I have intense paranoia of std's and I have asked every dermotologist I have seen if it was herpes or sacral herpes and they always say no - it never has the classic symptoms - never any pain or itching, never has blisters - once it covered all my legs and some of my buttocks, but never higher than the waste line - mostly its on the hips and my upper things right next to my hips............never anywhere else and never on my genitals. I am probably just being paranoid as I always am since over 5 dermatologists that I have seen have never mentioned sacral herpes and because its almost always on boths sides where herpes tends to be just on one side - but is there anyway these unexplained rashes could be sacral herpes (or is this today's hypochondria as I left my anxiety meds at home)..........see attached pictures they are my upper, upper things near my beltline. Most doctors have said it is somekind of unexplained contact dermatitis that prednisone makes it go away and prednisone wouldn't work on herpes anyway.......is that also true?
anxious to hear back - also no pain, no tingling, no blisters fluid filled or otherwise, never any scabs..........always just either disappears completely or skin gets a tiny bit flaky, never any pre-burning or pre-itching.......before rash appears and its almost always on both sides...........so that eliminates herpes correct as my dermatologists state? Is sacral herpes different? Am I just letting my paranoia get the better than me even after all these doctors have told me its not herpes - sacral herpes or shingles or anything at all like herpes?
also rashes are always on both sides............more evidence against herpes correct?
Sorry but my anxiety is getting the better of me - I have talked to three dermatologists on Just Answer in the last three years about this with pictures basically the exact same as the ones I sent you and all times no-one said it was even remotely like herpes or sacral herpes - but rather contact dermatitis...........but my hypochondria and severe fear of stds is getting the better of me today - if somebody could respond soon I would really appreciate it.
Is someone going to answer this? I paid for a rush................sorry but my anxiety is getting the better of me
can somebody please look at my post - I paid for a rush - I use this service all the time - why is taking so long, its like almost 2 hours
don't understand how a rush can be over two hours...............I have never had to wait this long - I shouldn't be charged for a rush if this isn't going to be answered until tomorrow.............
This is three hours now - how can three hours be a rush............if you aren't going to answer questions then don't take peoples money - is somebody going to answer this or should I just call and cancel.........
11/21/2017
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

sorry for the delay

I looked at your photos

that is not an STD

that looks like eczema or a mild skin fungal infection.

you should try some 1% hydrocortisone cream on the area and 1% clotrimazole twice a day for 3-4 weeks

I bet it will get better

let me know if you have questions.

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician