Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

How can I tell if I have an appendicitis? Only a pain in my…

Customer Question
How can I tell...

How can I tell if I have an appendicitis?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Only a pain in my lower right side.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I noticed it about three hours ago. Nothing seems to make it better or worse. It's just a constant, low level pain.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I can think of. Well, maybe, I am lactose intolerant and I ate a a lot of cheese and milk products recently.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/20/2017
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Although the best diagnosis can be made on ultrasound but you can suspect appendicitis if the pain starts around umbilicus and moves to right lower quadrant, it has rebound tenderness that means if you press and release your right lower abdomen quickly then the pain increases on release, pain also increases when you lift your leg and bring your thigh towards your abdomen. These are simple tests you can do yourself to have an idea plus you feel nauseated as well. However if the pain is severe then it is better to get it examined by your doctor.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!