Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am a worn out mailman. Age 72 retired 15 years ago. Did…

Customer Question
I am a worn...

I am a worn out mailman. Age 72 retired 15 years ago. Did construction for 10 years since. I now have excessive muscle pain in legs.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

No swelling. I have had massages and they do help. This summer this would help a lot.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. Other then last Feb. I had similar problems, only I would get pain at bedtime and could not sleep. Went to ER and was put on intervenus for 5 days 3 times a day . Had another doctor remove needle and was told that it could be my blood press. med nefidapine XL 60. After changing med.I was relived of the swelling in my feet. My feet had unknowingly been swollen for a long time.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/20/2017
Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

You should take vitamin D supplements as the bones can go on becoming weaker with age. Calcium supplementation would also help.

If its muscular then get muscle enzymes done to rule out inflammatory myopathies like inclusion body myositis, which would eventually require a muscle biopsy.

If you have swollen leg veins then surgical consult should be sought for their correction.

Take muscle relaxants like flexeril alongwith pain relief such as naproxen or tylenol.

I hope you feel better soon.

Let me know if you have any further queries.

Hope it was useful.

Please reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Wishing you a healthy life.

Regards.

Had reply ready to go and lost it Massage will help with calcium and vit d

Yes it would. Another possibility is restless leg syndrome which typically presents at night when you are at rest. Treatment of choice for this is ropinirole . So you can try all these options i mentioned