Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What is “neoplasticism/maligant. The potentional for this…

Customer Question
What is “neoplasticism/maligant Doctor's...

What is “neoplasticism/maligant

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

The potentional for this was the results of an mri that I had for a back problem. They suggested that I have an ultra sound

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/20/2017
Doctor: Dr. Sohaib, Doctor replied 5 months ago
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor

Hello and thank you for the question.
Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Specialist and I will do my best to help you today.

Neoplasm means a cancer; Neoplastic growth or Neoplastic tissue means a cancerous tissue/growth in the body.

A cancer can be benign or malignant. Benign, as the name indicates are not serious; but Malignant cancers are serious, life threatening due to some of their features like aggressive growth, invasion of surrounding tissues and tendency to spread to other areas of body (metastasis).

If they have seen or suspect any such thing on your MRI and suggesting an ultrasound for further evaluation, I believe you should proceed with this with out any delay.

Good luck

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to Rate my service as this is the only way i get credit for my time and expertise on your question.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.

I would like to add another note; that even if the cancer is malignant, if diagnosed and treated in time; is curable for most of the people.

Goodluck.

Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor