Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My 17 year old daughter has a rash/ raw skin spot on her…

Customer Question
My 17 year old...

My 17 year old daughter has a rash/ raw skin spot on her nose. Can someone take a look via this site and give advice/ treatment?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?

No overall changes and just within the last 2 days

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No- healthy

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
11/20/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 5 months ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Could you please post a photo for me on this page?

Attached
prefer not to call unless you think it is absolutely necessary

Got it--thanks

Is that either sore or itchy?

it is sore and raw she says it feels 'wet'

OK

It's a fairly significant cellulitis--infection

Normally I'd suggest Neosporin ointment twice a day for a week but I think a better idea would be for her doctor to see this since I'd prescribe her two weeks' worth of doxycycline antibiotic to treat it

Please let me know if you need any more information

are you able to prescribe the medication?
is it contagious?

It's not contagious

We don't prescribe here--that would be both illegal and malpractice

But she can first try the Neosporin

ok- got it

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor