Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Can anyone answer a question that I asked three times about…

Customer Question
Can anyone answer a question...
Can anyone answer a question that I asked three times about Hep C and the treatment drug called Epclusa. MY SON has Hep C. He can't get the drug here. My question is "can he import the drug from a reputable pharmacy licensed by Gilead from India. Now this is the 4th time I've asked. Please....would someone please answer this question.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
11/20/2017
Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

I think your question is difficult to answer because there are various issues but if your question is whether he can import the drug, if it's prescribed to him legally there then he can bring it into the country.

If he gets it by any other means than a prescription then US laws prohibit bringing such medications into US soil.

Please let me know if I can clarify anything.

Otherwise I hope I provided you with a 5-star service.

Please click on the rating button when ready.

Dr. Mo