Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Hydroxzzine. Holding my mouth funny with bottom lip up over…

Customer Question
Hydroxzzine Doctor's Assistant: What...

Hydroxzzine

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Holding my mouth funny with bot***** *****p up over top. sucking my tongue inside against my bottom teeth, licking my lips often

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?

No

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I also take bupropion and Viibryd for anxeity

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
Had 25 pound weight gain
Proper spelling is hydroxzine hcl 25ml
11/20/2017
Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 8 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Please let me know what questions you have that I can answer for you regarding hydroxyzine.

Feel like I am holding my mouth funny with bot***** *****p above top. No recent dental work. Also feel like I am sucking my tongue against bottom inside teeth. Habit or a possible side affect of hydrozxide. Spouse says I never smile

That's one of the side effects of hydroxyzine. How long have you been on it?

It's called an extrapyramidal side effect, it's rare but it can happen.

Just over a year

I would recommend stopping that medication as soon as you can and of course only with the permission of your doctor. But that would likely resolve these issues you are having drastically.

Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago

Please let me know if I can clarify anything.

Otherwise I hope I provided you with a 5-star service.

Please click on the rating button when ready.

Dr. Mo