Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am having balance issues, could sleep 24/7, mind is foggy…

Customer Question
I am having balance...

I am having balance issues, could sleep 24/7, mind is foggy - what does this sound like?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

None of those symptons

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No Mame - blood pressure runs a normal low

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Any other symptoms?

The last couple of weeks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
11/20/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Do you get such symptoms with change in head movements?

Any ear infection?

Age and gender?

Any other health or medical problems ?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

Dear,

Thanks for staying Online.

I am posting my answer below-

I understand your problem. It can due to any of these possibilities-

-Low blood sugar level
-Change in blood pressure level
-Thyroid disorder
-Inner ear issue (the inner ear is responsible for balance ) like Ménière disease.
- Neurological conditions

To make a diagnose, you need to undergo few tests -
-Blood sugar test,
-Blood pressure monitoring,
-Thyroid function test,
-Complete blood count.
-Ear examination- ear should be checked for inner ear problem.
Sometimes dizziness can be due to problem related with heart rhythm or brain problem but usually less often.
A thorough clinical examination and tests have to be done for precise diagnosis.

I would recommend you to firstly consult internal medicine doctor, then probably ear nose and throat doctor for diagnosis. If required they may refer you to Neurologist for clinical evaluation.
For the time, you can take Tab. Dimenhydrinate(Dramamine) for dizziness.It is OTC drug.

As such you should be seen by your doctor, for checkup and further treatment.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh