Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have stress related tinnitus can a tinnitus masker help. I…

Customer Question
I have stress related...

I have stress related tinnitus can a tinnitus masker help

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?

I have it for about a month now no cold or flu my ear is ok according to my ent

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing no allergies but I was extremely stressed before the tinnitus

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/20/2017
Doctor: Dr. Sohaib, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor

Hello and thank you for the question.
Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Specialist and I will do my best to help you today.

Have you been evaluated for tinnitus by an ENT doctor?

Any treatment that you have taken so far for this problem?

I didn't get a reply therefore I am posting an answer for you.

The treatment of tinnitus includes treatment of the underlying cause as well. Certain factors associated with tinnitus including depression and sleep issues also need to be addressed at the same time.

Apart from Behavioral therapy for tinnitus which includes tinnitus retraining, biofeedback and cognitive behavioral therapy; other therapies like Masking, electrical stimulation and acupuncture are also helpful.

Masking devices are helpful for some patients with tinnitus, especially those with tinnitus related to hearing loss.

There is no harm in giving this a trial.

Having said that, I will re-emphasize on the treatment of depression/stress/anxiety at the same time.

Good luck

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to Rate my service as this is the only way i get credit for my time and expertise on your question.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.