Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My skin (near the ear and below the jawline) is itchy and…

Customer Question
My skin (near the...

My skin (near the ear and below the jawline) is itchy and develops small rush which when it dries lives white patches

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

Have been experiencing for the past few weeks

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing else

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/20/2017
Doctor: Richard Han, Board Certified MD replied 8 months ago
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD

Hello my name is***** am a board-certified physician and I am happy to help you. Please answer a few questions for me. Is the rash itchy? Has there been any bleeding? Have you tried applying any creams, ointments or medications on it? How large an area is involved, about the size of a 1 quid coin, bigger, smaller? As to the location, is that behind the ear? where the ear meets the face? Please clarify, as location often helps in identifying the type of rash. Thank you in advance for your replies.