Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I've had shortness of breath for about a month and a half,

Hi there, I've had shortness...
Hi there, I've had shortness of breath for about a month and a half, and pain in my chest. So I went to see my doctor today. We did a heart trace, which looked fine, and I had to go to get a chest scan done. I have a booking with my doctor next week for the results, because I'm about to fly interstate tomorrow for work, and I'd need to know if my XRay show anything bad that would require me to cancel my client visit to take care of my health instead
JA: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?
Customer: I've never had this before. It started to happen on the 14th of October while moving out I used to have asthma as a kid, so I used the inhaler thinking it would work, but it doesn't and there's often a whize from my lunch *lungs
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No, I'm quite healthy. Besides a form of anemia called drepanoxytosis
11/20/2017

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Hello Nicolas,

Did they do EKG / ECG as well as chest x-ray?

Where exactly is your chest pain and does it increases with walking or activity or exertion?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Hi,Yes, I did an ECG today, and everything was fine.My chest pain is often on the left hand side, but can also be felt on the right hand side sometimes. Today, when I walked to get lunch, it started to hurt on the right hand side when I tried to reach for full breath, and it lasted for about 15 min.

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I've got the images in DICOM format. But it would be a bit too big to upload I think

Your chest x-ray is normal. You may fly tomorrow for work. It is not likely to be emergency as it is going on for almost a month. Once you come back, you would need following investigations for the work up;

1) Spirometry and other lung function tests

2) Treadmill stress test.

3) Echocardiography.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Awesome, thank Dr.
I'll talk to my doctor when I'm back next week and I'll let you know what you've also advised.Regards,
Nicolas

You are most welcome.

Stay blessed.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor