Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a WBC on my latest test results of 9.7 and am quite…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a WBC on my latest test results of 9.7 and am quite worried.

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

No symptoms really. I did have slightly swollen glands in the neck but have since gone down. My WBC was tested 5 days ago and was 8.1 and it has now risen to 9.7 today

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?

No

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/20/2017
Doctor: Dr.Anil, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age and gender?

Associated fever?

Sore throat,cough,nausea?

Stuffy nose?

Loss of appetite?

Body ache,fatigue?

Are you taking any medications?
Waiting for your response.
Thanks

Hello Dr.I am a 31 year old male in good health. I do not have any associated fever. I had a cough so went to the Dr and we did blood tests which showed a WBC of 8.1 so I was prescribed Zithromax for 5 days. As my WBC is normally 5500 I decided to get it re checked today and it has risen to 9.7. I am quite concerned that something else may be wrong. One last thing to note is that I was quite dehydrated for the test, I am not sure if this would increase WBC.

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,your raised WBC indicates you have still infection.

And you need to take antibiotic course if you still have symptoms.

If you don't have symptoms then you can start a multivitamin supplement to boost your immunity.

Also hydrate yourself with plenty of fluids and Gatorade,warm liquids.

Take Vitamin C lozenges.

I would recommend to wait for a week and then undergo repeat CBC if you'll not have any symptoms.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.