Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Right side and bottom of penis under the head (On the Shaft)

Customer Question
Right side and bottom...

Right side and bottom of penis under the head (On the Shaft) is swollen. Almost like it is full of a fluid. I can feel a "vein" on that side that is very tender. I woke up this way. No injury that occured

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

Two days now.. has went down slightly

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/20/2017
Doctor: Dr.Anil, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age?

History of unprotected sex?

Can you retract your foreskin back?

Pain during urination?

Please upload a picture to review.

Any medical history?

Are you taking any medications?
Waiting for your response.
Thanks

58
No Foreskin
No Pain in Urination
No Previous medical history

Please upload a picture to review if possible.

Thanks.

Waiting for your response.

Did you receive the photo?

I have received your picture.

Please allow me just few minutes.
I’ll reply you back soon.
Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

I have reviewed your picture.

Well as you describe,such sudden swelling on affected area can be associated with cystic swelling with edema around it.

Other possible cause may include parphimosis/phimosis.

I would recommend to see a doctor at emergency room for prompt management.

In the meantime apply cool compresses.

And take OTC Motrin and Claritin.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

I do not have a foreskin. So I cannot have parphimosis/phimosis - Correct ?
The swelling is on the bottom and right side. And under the swelling there feels like
a vein or tendon which is very tender. It runs around the shaft - not down the shaft
Does that make sense?

I understand your concern.

Sorry for confusion.

I'll review your picture again.

I'm opting out so other expert can help you further.

okay.. do I need to do anything else?
or just wait here?
Am I to understand that I will wait up till 24 Hours for an answer??