Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I need a steroid suplament to help with pain joints lower

Customer Question
back and mobility I 72...
I need a steroid suplament to help with pain joints lower back and mobility I 72 ex service man and cant stand the pain.
JA: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: arthrist bad
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: these are old injury and I would dead than put up with pain.
Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Medical
11/20/2017
Doctor: Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD replied 29 days ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com

This is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.

I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.

I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.

Thank you for your patience.

Answers here are for education and information only.

do you have VA benefits?
have you ever tested for low testosterone on a blood test?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I had a fall in a boat problems with lower back hip leg etc.

Ok. thank you for that additional information.

typically steroid supplements (testosterone) is used in patients that are found to be low on a blood test.
You can see your doctor and describe your symptoms and see if they feel it may be due to low testosterone.

If they do find that you have low testosterone and they recommend testosterone replacement, you can do that with either a daily testosterone cream or a injection every two weeks.

Does that help answer your question?

Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD