Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I've been going to physical therapy for a few weeks once or…

I've been going to physical...
I've been going to physical therapy for a few weeks once or twice a week for 40 minutes for my hips. Can that cause slight weight loss? I have arthritis in SI joints and ileum joint.
11/19/2017
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

sure it can

are you losing weight?

just a couple of pounds.

that is pretty normal

usually physical therapy increases your cardiovascular exercise some

so that is normal

was this helpful?

Okay thank you for your response. I was concerned because my brother started with weight loss and actually had lung cancer and died in 6 weeks

Oh that would be a much more dramatic weight loss

I think you are fine

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor