Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a line shaped scrape that is healing. During this…

Customer Question
I have a line shaped...
I have a line shaped scrape that is healing. During this stage of healing it is lighter colored than my fair skin color. Some bandaid marks are disappearing next to it with Aquafor. I have put Aquafor and Neosporin and some Bio oil on the scrape. I have a hydrocolloidal bandage on the scrape. What can I do while the line shape returns to my skin color? Should I do anything else? I want it to disappear. Thanks
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/19/2017
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

thanks

It can take a few months for the skin color to return to normal with a hypopigmented scar. The one thing that you need to take care of is sun exposure. Sun exposure of a hypopigmented area can result in hyperpigmentation and that can lead to unsightly appearance.

Keep applying the aquafor and massage the area 3 to 4 times a day in circular motions with gentle pressure for 10 -15 minutes.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Do you think keeping the bandaid on for now is better?

How long has it been there for?

about a week and a half

I don't think a scrape requires a bandage after 10 days. It has already healed beyond that point.

Do you have more queries for me?

No

If you do not have any more queries, please take some time out to leave us a rating. A 5 star will be appreciated.

Thank you.