Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I took a pre employment drug test using my daughter's urine.

They had me go twice...
I took a pre employment drug test using my daughter's urine. They had me go twice, not sure why. But I so happen to have enough in the bottle with me. But because it wasn't filled to the line, they wanted me to go again, but I had to leave to pick daughter up from school and could do it. If given another chance to take test, what could I do because my system is full of Meth?
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: Urine. And yes, it is time sensitive
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
11/19/2017
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. Urine drug test specimens are monitored routinely for temperature. Your first sample will be noted as abnormal body temperature, so its very easy to pick up the fact that you used someone else's urine. Its impossible to keep it at body temperature. Your testing center will also note that you left prior to providing a second sample. Your potential employer will also be notified, so essentially you failed the test. I doubt you will get another chance at testing. Employers generally do not hire people in this circumstance. Of course, the best way to pass an employment drug test is to quit doing drugs.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
No, I did not leave before submitting the second urine. And it was my body temperature because it was in my under pants and it had a thermometer strip on it. I left after they requested a third sample.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I do plan on quitting. But until I do actually quit, I need a solution
I am assuming they requested a third sample because the temperature was incorrect. It is NOT at body temperature just because you keep it in your underwear. You cannot keep a specimen that warm. I'm sorry but your test will be flagged as two specimens both not at body temperature. The potential employer will know that you are using someone else's urine, of course. There's not much you can do. I'm sorry.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I am very unsatisfied with your responses and I would like the help/advice of another professional. Thank you kindly
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

how many days can you stay away from methamphetamine?

if you can stop using meth for 3 full days, your urine tests will be normal again.

you can read here

https://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/test-info/drug-book/amphetamine.html

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
about 2-3 days i can do.Thank you so much Dr. David. Your answer has been very helpful.Now, could you possibly tell me how to totally detox at home safely. How to manage the cravings, mood swings, tempers and all around HANKS???
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician