Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had constipation for 10 days and my back is sore by…

Customer Question
I have had constipation...

I have had constipation for 10 days and my back is sore by my kidney on right side

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

The pain started on Friday really bad, it goes away when I lie down but comes back if I am active

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, my GP gave me some powders and a liquid to take but it is not working

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/19/2017
Doctor: Dr. Sohaib, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor

Hello and thank you for the question.
Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Consultant and I will do my best to help you today.

The pain is due to constipation and pressure symptoms in the abdomen. At this point, after 10 days of constipation, I would suggest an enema to relieve this.

Also, if the enema doesn't work, manual evacuation of stools is sometimes recommended.

Moreover, if at any point the pain/abdominal distension gets worse, XRAY Abdomen series will be required to rule out possibility of intestinal obstruction.

I Strongly recommend that you should get back to your doctor, preferably ER and have these details discussed with the doctor for further management plan.

Good luck

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to Rate my service as this is the only way I get credit for my time and expertise on your question.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.