Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a drainage in my throat and it taste so BITTER, My…

Customer Question
I have a drainage...

I have a drainage in my throat and it taste so BITTER, My ears are stopped up and loosing my balance. Thank you

Doctor's Assistant: How severe is this?

Very

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, I went thru chemo and radiation for lung cancer, completed.........

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/19/2017
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Now from what you are describing it sounds like that you could have developed an infection of the sinuses which can lead to the drainage in the throat as well as the bitter taste as well the ear symptoms. Now infections from the sinuses can track into the ears because the throat is connected to the ear via the eustachian tube. Now usually this would also cause symptoms like headaches, congestion, cough and even a sore throat intermittently.. This would be diagnosed with the help of a simple xray of the sinuses and if necessary you can also get a Ct scan done. Once diagnosed it can be treated with the help of treatments like saline lavages, decongestants, antibiotics and if necessary steroids. This woul;d help clear up the sinuses and also control the dizziness as well as the balance issues.

For now i would suggest that you start using OTC dramamine which would be helpful, OTC prilosec which will help with the bitter taste and also OTC benadryl which could be helpful. But i would suggest that you also get this evaluated by visiting your doctor.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/